- Introduction to the Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy and the origins of PACT (8 Areas of Influence)
- Three Domains of PACT
- The therapeutic stance of PACT-- What are we selling?
- Overview of attachment in children
- Attachment in adult primary/romantic relationships
- Neurobiological components of PACT- triune brain, limbic system, window of tolerance
- 3 types of arousal regulation -- Auto, Interactive and Self and how to assess in couples
- Examples of PACT verbal interventions-- cross-tracking, cross-questioning, cross-commenting, down the middle, leveling the playing field
- Examples of PACT nonverbal interventions-- staging, posing, their song, throw the ball, rolling in/out, lover's pose, toward and away
In an effort to spread the word about PACT I’m going to be giving a talk in Houston on Friday, January 11, 2019. All are welcome to attend. If you would like to purchase a ticket please click on the link below!